20130127

Fremont: Interurban IPA

Fremont Interurban IPA is another beer that my sister had sent me back from home. Yet again, another brewery I have never had or been to before... Though, I think these beers were on tap at Teatro ZinZanni. I love that place but I cannot remember if they were the ones I drank or not. I didn't write notes or even check it in. That is not a place you go to use Social Media. Highly recommended to check them out. Anyway, back to this IPA.

Fremont takes pride in their local area as well. This place opened up about the same time that I started hombrewing. It would have been awesome to get out there in the early days but my loss, right? Here is a little story about their IPA from the website.
Interurban India Pale Ale

Named after Fremont’s most famous outdoor sculpture, Waiting for the Interurban, Interurban India Pale Ale offers the adventurous beer lover a warm embrace of roasted pale malt swirled with a hand-selected blend of flavor malts and filled with the rich spice of Chinook, Centennial and Amarillo hops. Interurban India Pale is a session beer, eminently drinkable throughout the year.


I would not agree with their description of this beer being a session ale since it sits at 6.2% ABV, but after having tasted it, I can see how this beer can be a good conversation piece. Maybe drink it slow and then pick up their 77 Fremont Select. I have not had that one, so I cannot talk about it but that beer actually fits in the session category. It is even about to be released according to their calendar.

When I first cracked this bottle the hoppy aroma filled the room. I take that as an instant plus. I wish I knew when this beer was bottled. I believe it is code dated but there is no other indication of date on the bottle. When I poured it in the glass it was a golden honey color and a big rocky head formed on top. The nose was very fruity and tropical.

I really enjoyed drinking this one. This was a very juicy IPA. It started off sweet and a lot of pineapple and grapefruit I would say. Some pine with the bitterness creeping in and this is where you get some very earthy flavors. The finish is a little grassy and quite dry. Medium bodied and I thought it was nice this beer was a little bready. Highly drinkable and a great conversation piece, but I would not call it sessionable. I could definitely feel this one. It was hard to stop drinking it. 4/5. Also, I love their slogan.

Because Beer Matters

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment