20130309

SweetWater: LowRyeDer IPA

Once again I open up the Tackle Box and reach around until I find just what I am looking for. This time I pulled out the LowRyeDer IPA. This is fantastic because I am a big fan of beers with Rye in them. Not necessarily IPAs, but that is all it seems like the breweries are doing these days. It would not be bad to see a Sahti or a Roggenbier to pop up, but I have no control over that unless I brew it myself... which is in the works.
A flame throwin’ Rye IPA ignited by a 25% shot of rye malt and capped by a booty hoppin’ blast of Mt Hood and Centennial hops that makes this IPA bounce!


I think this is my favorite one out of the bunch. The nose on this one was quite earthy and had a nice strong spice and a touch of grapefruit, as it would seem. Bready and spicy all the way through this beer. This one lingers on and is nicely bittered. Crystal sweetness cuts through and helps keep this beer balanced and sits on a fair, grainy body. I have to see if I can find this one around here in a six pack or something.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment