20130306

SweetWater: IPA

I know I said I was going to be drinking some Local Beers, but I just happened to pick up a Tackle Box, so I figured I should knock these out. Especially since there has been a lot of talk about them recently with people I know. The first beer I pulled out of the box was the SweetWater IPA. I hear this is one of the best IPAs brewed in the Atlanta market. Granted, I have nothing to go off of because this is my first, but I will see if there is any truth to this.

There is not a lot of information about the brewery on their website, but a little searching has lead me to believe this company got its start in Boulder Colorado before making the move to Atlanta. I am not sure how long they were around before the move or how long it has been since. Anyway, SweetWater IPA.
This mammouth India Pale Ale is loaded with intense hop character and subjected to an extensive dry-hopping process. Our IPA is unfiltered and as always, not pasteurized, leaving all the natural flavors intact.

The Beer You’ve Been Training For.


The best by date on this beer is 3 months out from me drinking it. I wonder how close that means it was to bottling. I take it though, this is very fresh. The brilliant golden hue of this beer sits beneath a short lasting white head and it has a high carbonation level. Some great tropical scents and grapefruit in the nose, a little resiny and sweet.

Decently bittered but well balanced. You do not get a bitter bite at all. Very smooth and easy. Grapefruit and some juicy, tropical fruits with a little spice. This beer was sitting on a good malt background. It was not just relying on the hops. I found this one pretty good but I wonder what else the box has to offer.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment