20130308

SweetWater: 420

420 is the next beer that is coming out of this Tackle Box. It is labelled as a Extra Pale Ale and the only beer that comes to mind when I hear that is, Torpedo, which is absolutely one of my favorite beers. 420 has some mighty big expectations to fill. Though, I feel it would be unfair to not judge this one on its own merit. After having a great experience with their IPA, I only expect the best.
SweetWater 420 Extra Pale Ale, our most popular brew, is a tasty West Coast Style Pale Ale with a stimulating hop character and a crisp finish. 1st brewed on April 20th 1997.


I found the nose on this one to be sweet, grainy, and herbal... or did I just want to find the herbal hops in this one... The head on this beer was fairly long lasting which is always a plus in my book. Bready, a touch sour, sweet and a tad burnt. A nice medium body and the floral hops come through here as well. Finishes dry.

This was another good offering from my Tackle Box and one I'd visit again and again. Hard to pick a favorite so far, but I have two beers left.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment