20130819

1001 Beers: Rye Pale Ale

Beer Number 97: Terrapin Rye Pale Ale

So I went up to The Busy Bee Cafe to meet The Beer Fairy, live, in color, and in person! I had looked at the menu the day before and decided that I wanted to knock this beer off the list. Pretty sweet that I did.
At the core of the ale is malted rye that is blended with Munich, Victory, and honey malts to add complexity and softness. Five differnet types of hops go into the ale: Magnum, Fuggle, East Kent Golding, and Cascade, and then it is dry hopped with Amarillo.


I enjoyed this one very much. It was a very solid pale ale. Had a little bit of a spicy kick, but overall a nice balance throughout. I wish I knew it had Fuggles in it. I LOVE THAT HOP! The beer carried a very good body and a sweet, smooth finish. One I would enjoy time and time again.

904 Bottles Of Beer To Go!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment