20130814

1001 Beers: Bourbon County Stout

Beer Number 93: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

This 1001 post got a little messier than other post I have done... Nothing about the beer though. That was hot, complex, and delicious... Maybe I should have waited longer to drink this one...

I don't know what made me want Orange Chicken but it started to sound, and smell better and better along the way... Now I am hungry once again...



I'm not going to bore you with the details of how I made this one... Maybe one day, but I'm not really in the mood. I just wanted to show off some pictures. If you want to make it though, here is where I found the recipe. Clicky!!!

After one hundred days in the barrels, the big stout finally emerged, spiked with the lovely vanilla perfume only an old bourbon cask can provide. Despite its appeal, it remained a once-a-year winter specialty for the pub, but was expanded into a packaged product in 2004. Bourbon County Stout became a defining beer for Goose Island and helped spawn a whole new category of bourbon-barrel-aged beers.


So, as you can see, this is a fairly new bottle. I wish I would have held onto it a bit longer... like 2 or 3 years longer, but now that it is off the list, I can just find it stock it. I mean, why not?

So, again... Fresh, This beer was Very HOT! Like on the nose, the alcohol burn... everything. Bourbon on the nose. A little malt does come through, but your nostrils are on fire. So when you are drinking it, Again, bourbon is the over arching theme. A roasted malt character comes through with a little bit of caramel and chocolate on a malty body. Again, I wish I let it age. I hear there is some awesome vanilla flavors in there as well.

908 Bottles Of Beer To Go!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment