20130606

1001 Beers: Breakfast Stout

Beer Number 56: Founders Breakfast Stout

I have no idea how to ever say Thank You! to the one who gave me this beer, and quite a few others on my list but Ohh Emm Gee am I lucky to have gotten them. I will try somehow, just need to find the way.



This is a beer that I have been wanting to get my hands on for a while. It is even my first beer from Founders. Some find that hard to believe but you know, whatever. It could not have come at a better time.
At 8.3% alcohol content, this is not a beer to start off your morning with! Instead, it is the perfect drink for the end of an evening or even to go along with a rich piece of chocolate cake at the climax of a meal.
So... I totally did not read this or take their advice... This is the first thing I had in the morning and I regret it, not at all!!! A fantastic choice for breakfast. Wish I had one everyday... I guess I have to brew one of them...



This one poured with practically no head. What did appear though, was a deep brown color on top of a viscous brown liquid. You could see rising carbonation throughout, as well. The nose was roasty, chocolaty, and quite a bit of alcohol could be picked up. It had a nice sweetness to it as well.

Notes of bittersweet chocolate worked very well and it was very smooth going down. Excellent mouthfeel. A very full and bold beer with a little bit of spice. I guess this is what non-beer drinkers are referring to when they say that a beer taste, "dark". Or maybe they mean something else... Regardless, they do not know what they are missing...

945 Bottles Of Beer To Go!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment