20130725

1001 Beers: Survival "7-Grain" Stout

Beer Number 71: Hopworks Urban Brewery Survival "7-Grain" Stout

I'm disappointed that there was only one beer from this brewery in the book. I have never had any from them before, but the idea of this trip was to "only" drink beers from the list... ok, so we know that was not going to happen, but for the most part that is all I did. I have heard great things about HUB and look forward to trying others.
Survival "7-Grain" Stout is like a Swiss Army knife; it could be all you need to endure just about any situation. "The concept for Survival Stout is that it's everything you need to survive in one bottle," says Hopworks Urban Brewery's Ben Love. "We took the idea that beer is 'liquid bread' one step further."
I thought this one was alright. Did not really live up to the greatness I have heard of this brewery but I guess it's cool. I will have to make a stop to the brewery next time I am home or something.



7-Grain has quite a bit of coffee and sweet roasted notes on the nose. Poured a small brown head and the ale appeared ruby through the light. This beer even had a coffee-esque flavor and mouthfeel. Quite roasty and light bodied. It was not bad, but I hear their other beers are quite a bit better. I need to try them.

930 Bottles Of Beer To Go!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment