20121221

Twisted Pine: Ghost Face Killah

As the story goes, On The Second Day of Beermas, SWMBO gave to me, This fancy little beer from Twisted Pine Brewing Company, Ghost Face Killah. I had no idea when I was going to drink the beers that I got for this event but the "End Of The World" seemed like no better time.

So, I was pretty thrilled, (weird right?), when I got this bottle. I have never had anything from this brewery but just the thought of the beer got me excited. I love hot and spicy things. I wanted to do the Four Horseman Challenge at Chunkys in San Antonio but I never made it out to there during my trip. I guess that will have to wait for another day. But this beer... this beer here. Just read the description from the website.
GFK is brewed with 6 zany peppers. Anaheim, Fresno, Jalapeno, Serrano, Habanero and Bhut Jolokia – Otherwise known as the Ghost Pepper. 200 times the heat of jalapenos, Bhut Jolokia are the hottest peppers in the world, a pepper so hot it can be weaponized. So hot that our brewers had to wear masks and gloves to cut them up. Aroma of smoked chillis fills the nose on first whiff, but don’t let it linger to long.


They give a little description of what is to happen on first taste but I figured that I would skip over that for now and see what I taste... and then compare to how it is not like that haha. One of my tweeps gave me a heads up of what to expect too.
@BryanDRoth: @L_AllenH It was good practice in masochism: http://thisiswhyimdrunk.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/twisted-pine-ghost-face-killah/ … Definitely worth a shot, though!
I went on to say I will take this like a champ and make him look like a little sissy girl... The World May End For Me Today...

When I opened this bottle it started to fizz out of the top. Not sure if this is because the bottle is old or due to bad storage. The shop we got it from has a pretty bad shelf rotation but it is the best selection we have in this small little town... sucks. The peppers are definitely the best thing coming off of the nose. A bit sweet even though it has that hotness to it. I couldn't narrow it down to exactly what it is but it kind of reminds me of a red bell pepper. It just smells like it will burn to hell though.

First Sip... I am totally fooled. I bring it in and think that I taste nothing... then fire rolls from the tip of my tongue all the way to the back and throughout my mouth. Insanely smooth though... It is essentially flat, pretty thin and oily. Nothing but fire in each sip. It burns with each swallow. Honestly, I would have to say this beer is a damn fine experiment and one I can get behind. I don't know about this whole 12 oz bottle but this is nice. It is pretty hard trying to pull beer flavors out. Pepper and spice are the major player here. Pairs well with Sriracha.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment