20121230

Ballast Point: Indra Kunindra

On The 8th Day Of Beermas, SWMBO Gave To Me, A Ballast Point Indra Kunindra. Maybe I should have made these post in order or something like that but I just got around to them in the order I decided to drink them... Maybe I went about Beermas all wrong too. Maybe I should have drank each beer each day... lessons for next year? Why drink all of this amazing beer in just a 12 day span? Questions. Always, questions.



It was hard finding much information about this beer and with the laundry list of contact info but not a "general" contact section on the Ballast Point site and no response from their twitter account I just went with what backstory I could find online. From Ballast Point - Via The Full Pint
Brewed with madras curry, cayenne pepper, cumin, toasted coconut, and kaffir lime leaf, Indra Kunindra is a 9% ABV stout brewed in collaboration with homebrewer Alex Tweet. It was brewed for Holiday Wine Cellar’s 46th Anniversary Homebrewers Competition.
Another major brewery doing work with the homebrewing community. I guess they never really forget where they come from and it is cool that there was a contest involved, though I don't know the details on it.

This beer pours black and has a small tan head. Everything you would already expect from a stout but it was the nose that takes things for a spin. The amount of spice in it and maybe a little limey... I couldn't wait to taste it.

The curry is the first thing that came across my palate. As that was lightening up some coconut followed by bubble gum. You get a little citrus, lime in the back end but I could not get passed the coconut and bubble gum. That just really worked for me. A low carbonation pretty nice body, an interesting beer for sure.

4/5. I find it very drinkable and I totally recommend this beer to anyone. Several people I already talked to about it said they loved it. I guess good beer is good regardless.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment