20120113

Flying Saucer

Just when I was beginning to give up hope on finding good beer in San Antonio, a buddy of mine blows my mind! There is this sweet little gem of a place about a $40 cab ride from post that makes up for everything that was wrong recently with my beer life. I have no idea how he found it but I am glad he did and that I decided not to ditch him at the last minute lol



Flying Saucer Draught Emporium

This place made me think of being back in LA... Which I just heard bad news about one of my favorite spots. The Blue Palms Brewhouse may be shutting down :'( More news on that later. Back to happy...

Edit: They are once again open to the public :D

They had a huge beer list on tap and a nice bottle selection as well. I haven't seen anything like this since 38 Degrees Alehouse. They even had a members only club. Apparently if you drink 200 beers, 3 a day max toward your count, you get your name on a plate on the wall. I would have joined but I dont think I could even get close to finishing before I leave and I know I would obsess over completing it. The place was loaded with them. I wish I could have gotten good pictures but my phone sucks and I don't have a digital one with me.



I probably really should have joined because I had 6 beers that night... And they were not tasters haha. Actually, a couple of these brews make it into my.1001 Beers series, SCORE YEAH! I had an old favorite and new brew that just really reminded me why I love craft beer... As if I forgot.


The highlights of the night were Big Sky Moose Drool, Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale, Maui Brewing Company CoCoNut PorTer, Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier Dunkel by Spaten Group or something, North Coast Old Rasputen, and a new favorite Live Oak Brewing Primus. Texas beer at its finest.

A great first discovery when I was just beginning to lose hope. My quest will still continue until I leave San Antonio but for now, Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment