20110716

Drinking In DisneyLand!

Ok, so you probably know this as well, They do NOT serve alcohol in DLand unless you are cool enough to get into Club 33. Walt Disney did not like the smell of spilt beer baking on concrete, and to this day they respect his wishes of it being a dry park... Though, After he died, they built California Adventure! (I did find some Stone Levitation inside DisneyLand)

Levi Tation


I have not been to DisneyLand since I was like 7 or 8 and I honestly could not tell you anything I did besides hug Mickey Mouse... Yes, I remember that. But I honestly did not expect to have as much fun as I did while I was there. It was honestly one of the best days of my life HAHA! and probably the best in the past year, even with the awesome stuff I did the few days before.

Let it be known that I said, No!, Alcohol does not make everything better. Whoever said that was an idiot... or they've never been to Disney Land.

Space Mountain


I won't bore you with the details of my day. For that, just visit the park yourself of ask me about it. The highlights though, were at the end of the night when I saw the REAL Mickey Mouse. I ran into several of his impostors throughout the day but there was a big explosion in the sky and Mickey showed up. He had his sorcerer's hat and everything on. He would wiggle his hand and BOOM!!! Explosion, BOOM! Magic. I love that Mouse :D

Fake Mickey

(imposter)

Now back to beer... Still Thinking about Mickey... We went over to California Adventure and I was honestly surprised with the selection they had there. Maybe I am just narrow minded, but I expected to only see BMC. There was GREAT beer in the park. Karl Strauss, Sierra Nevada,... I am sure there was another, one but probably not.

I am very disappointed that I missed catching a drink with Golden Pint while he was there, though I did get to talk to him for a few minutes.

We had just finished lunch and I had a Windansea Wheat Hefeweizen. I don't know, maybe it was the environment, or maybe the beer was just that good, But I loved it! I kind of think it was just really well made. I don't usually like Hefes but I would give this one a try again.

I was eating mexican food and the citrus and maltyness of the beer seemed to balance out the spicy/underspicyness of the fajitas... it was pretty warm out, which also made it quite nice.

Later on we caught up with a few friends, Louie and Monica, who are pretty damn crazy for coming to Disney Land after work and still having to get up and be at work at 4am the next day! (Nikkee and I arrived at about 9am and did not leave until 12:30am) but we had a great time with them. They knew the park inside and out, it really added to the experience.

We saw World of Colors with them, and Louie and I both had Torpedo Extra IPA paired with a Jalapeno Cheese stuffed Pretzel. This was pretty amazing too. The show was seriously something you have to see. I do not know how long it is running but a fire, water, and light show... I never imagined such a thing. I want to see it again.

The importance of this day was around DisneyLand, not beer, so I really do not know how to end this post...

Hell Yeah I bought It


Cheers?

No comments:

Post a Comment